The course will provide an understanding of the general principles of Mediation and its relationship to other dispute resolution processes. The course will provide candidates with an introduction to the legal position of, and good practice and procedure in, Mediation.
What are the learning outcomes?
On successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
• Understand the background to Mediation;
• Describe the process and procedure of Mediation
• Understand Mediation in the context of other forms of dispute resolution.
What is covered in the Syllabus?
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered over 2 half days to eliminate virtual fatigue. The day starts at 10.30am to 2.00 pm UK time.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment of this course is completed through an online multiple-choice test accessed via LearnADR. Candidates will be given 28 days to complete and submit the assessment. Candidates must achieve a minimum overall mark of 55% to pass the course. Results are made available to candidates immediately upon completion of the assessment.
What is my next step when I complete the course?
On successful completion of this course, candidates:
•will be awarded an Introductory Certificate
• may progress onto Module 1 of the Mediation Pathway
• will be eligible to apply for Associate grade of CIArb, and take advantage of a range of educational and professional benefits.
To unlock this course/assessment, you need to have at least one of the below prerequisites completed
No additional courses are unlocked by this course
No additional Membership Grades are unlocked by this course