To provide a fast-track route to Membership through the International (i.e. non-domestic) Arbitration Pathway. The Accelerated Route to Membership has been designed for busy professionals who have some unassessed knowledge of International Arbitration.
The aim of the programme is to assess whether the candidate has the knowledge required to understand the process of International Arbitration.
Candidates must evaluate their personal suitability to undertake the programme, appreciating that the assessments are intensive and that they will be assessed against standard benchmarks.
The programme covers the law underpinning the process and procedure of International Arbitration. It is therefore valuable for anyone who is conversant with the law and practice of International Arbitration generally, whether as a party or party representative. It is also an essential step for anyone aiming for Fellowship and for those who aim to practice as an Arbitrator.
If you are interested in this course, please submit your interest via the button provided.
What is covered within the syllabus?
• Fundamental principles of the Arbitration process;
• The UNCITRAL Model Law and Arbitration Rules
• The Arbitration agreement:
• Commencement of an Arbitration and appointment of an Arbitrator
• Obligations of the Tribunal, responsibilities and obligations of the parties
• An Arbitrator’s jurisdiction and powers
• The Arbitration process: meetings, timetable, submissions, experts, disclosure, hearings
• The powers of the Court;
• Interest and Costs
• Essentials of an enforceable Award
• Challenges, appeals and enforcement.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to register onto the Accelerated Route to Membership, candidates must submit evidence to show:
• They have knowledge of the framework of international arbitration;
• They can evaluate and apply the principles and requirements of an international arbitration;
• They can demonstrate awareness of the practical tasks required in preparing for and progressing an international arbitration.
To unlock this course/assessment, you need to have at least one of the below prerequisites completed
No additional courses are unlocked by this course
CIArb membership is an internationally recognized professional status in Alternative Dispute Resolution. It demonstrates a high standard of education and experience along with a commitment to development and keeping your skills current. Successfully passing this course will make you eligible for Member Grade. Member status indicates a high level of knowledge and/or experience in dispute resolution, as well as a commitment to the principles of professionalism, integrity, and excellence. Members can use the designatory letters MCIArb.