This popular online course provides an introduction to the various methods of ADR. This specially discounted offer for the course and assessment is open to eligible students until 31 December 2021.
Student special: Get this popular course and assessment for £25 until 31 December 2021. See below for details.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is used to resolve the majority of disputes in many countries, providing a valuable alternative to the courts system. In many cases, it can be a faster way to resolve disputes, it can be more flexible, lower cost, conducted in private and less confrontational.
Disputes can arise in almost any sector. Whatever your career path, knowing what ADR is and the various processes involved will be beneficial. You might be considering a career in ADR, or be in a position where you may be advising others who could benefit from ADR, or where you might need to use it yourself.
This popular online course provides an introduction to the various methods of ADR. When you’ve successfully completed the course and assessment, you will be able to:
· Understand the background to ADR.
· Understand how ADR can support dispute cases.
· Describe the processes and procedures of the various forms of ADR.
· Be eligible to apply for Associate membership of CIArb.
The syllabus covers:
· Construction Adjudication
· Early Neutral Evaluation
· Expert Determination · MED-ARB
· Neutral Expert Fact-Finding
· Online Dispute Resolution
· Private Judging
· Summary Jury Trial.
We are offering this course and assessment to students for only £25 until 31 December 2021. That’s a saving of £71 on the usual price!*
To be eligible for this offer you must be a Student member of CIArb. Student membership is FREE. As well as access to this offer, Student membership gives you the opportunity to:
· Raise your profile by participating in CIArb competitions.
· Network with experienced practitioners at our many lectures and events.
· Meet other students and young people through CIArb’s Young Members Group.
· Keep up-to-date with industry news through our Resolver magazine and our monthly eSolver newsletter.
· Access CIArb’s peer-reviewed, academic journal Arbitration: The Journal of International Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Management.
If you’re already a Student member, log into your MyCIArb account and click on the ‘Register your interest’ button which will be at the top of this page. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re not yet a member, click here to complete the application form.
*As at 16 April 2021, the full price of the Online Introduction to ADR course is £24, and the assessment is £72.
Duration: The course is self-paced. Once you are successfully registered, the course and assessment will be activated and you will have 28 days within which to complete both.
Delivery: Remotely accessed e-learning which is available on-demand.
Post-course: To be eligible for Associate membership, please complete the accompanying Assessment
To unlock this course/assessment, you need to have at least one of the below prerequisites completed
No additional courses are unlocked by this course
CIArb membership is an internationally recognized professional status in Alternative Dispute Resolution. It demonstrates a high standard of education and experience along with a commitment to development and keeping your skills current. Successfully passing this course will make you eligible for Associate Grade. Associate membership gives a competitive advantage needed to stand out from the crowd and demonstrates a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and excellence. Associate members can use the designatory letters ACIArb.