Iuliana Iancu joined Hanotiau & van den Berg in 2012. She has worked in over 20 high-stakes, high-value and complex international investment and commercial arbitrations, both ad hoc and under a variety of arbitration rules, spanning various industry sectors (banking, energy and natural resources, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, M&A).
Prior to joining the firm, Iuliana worked in a leading law firm in Bucharest. Her work there focused on assisting and representing clients in a variety of disputes (joint venture, contractual, real estate, competition, regulatory) before international commercial arbitral tribunals and domestic courts.
Iuliana holds an undergraduate law degree from the University of Bucharest and an LL.M. from Columbia University, New York. She regularly speaks on arbitration related topics and is involved in a number of international arbitration groups. She is admitted to practice in Bucharest and is registered with the Brussels Bar. She speaks English, French and Romanian.
Hanotiau & van den Berg is recognized as one of the leading international arbitration and litigation firms in the world, offering services on both sides of the bench. Many of HVDB’s lawyers are highly soughtafter to act as arbitrators. The team includes some of the world’s sharpest decision-makers in high stakes matters, as well as the next generation of leaders in the field. HVDB also successfully represents clients in complex and high value disputes before arbitral tribunals and domestic courts, including in arbitration-related litigation. HVDB further provides advice on dispute management and avoidance as well as on select contentious issues. Its clients include Belgian and international companies, ranging from sole operators and SMEs to multinationals.
Pavlína Trchalíková is a Junior Associate in DLA Piper Prague office. Pavlína has diversified experience with a wide spectrum of legal issues in commercial law and dispute resolution.
Currently, she focuses on dispute resolution of commercial disputes in both domestic and international litigation and arbitration conducted pursuant to various procedural rules and assessed under both Czech and international private law, together with negotiations and settlement discussions.
Her internships included a one-year law study experience from the University of Nottingham she finished with distinctions.
Areas of experience
* Corporate and commercial law
* Life science
* Advising a global manufacturer of automotive parts on bringing a claim for damages amounting to millions of EUR before foreign courts pursuant to rules of private international law.
* Advising a global manufacturer of personal care products in an international arbitration before the ICC on defending a claim amounting to millions of EUR and subsequent successful settlement discussions, incl. drafting of a settlement agreement.
* Advising companies as parties in domestic arbitration or litigation regarding product liability claims under both Czech law and rules of private international law.
* Advising a major developer in settlement negotiations regarding accounting inaccuracies.
* Advising pharmaceutical companies on life science issues incl. parallel imports and related dispute resolution regarding competition law claims and intellectual property claims.